Both the City of Franklin and Southampton County encompass a geographic area of over 600 square miles within the Hampton Roads Region of southeastern Virginia. Combined, the two communities encompass 26,000 of the 1.6 million people in the Hampton Roads Metropolitan Statistical Area. While enjoying a community where folks recognize you by your first name, where small town amenities abound, with a community college, 220 bed hospital, country club, YMCA and numerous museums.
The City of Franklin and Southampton County offer a business climate with a wide range of existing companies, skilled employees, educational opportunities, low tax rates, excellent transportation network and an unmatched quality of life. First class amenities cater to a rich economic heritage in manufacturing, forestry, and agriculture. The City of Franklin and Southampton County are poised with a progressive stance toward economic growth and are ready to embrace new industry.
- Just off of four lane US Route 58 Bypass with direct access to I-95
- Excellent community with a highly skilled workforce
- Right-To-Work State
- Low City of Franklin Electric Power rates
- Major Business Facility job tax credit
- Virginia Jobs Investment Program for manufacturing and distribution centers
- Sales and use tax exemptions on purchases of production machinery
- Local matching of discretionary grants from the Governor’s Opportunity Fund
- Located in a Virginia Enterprise Zone, Technology Zone and HUB Zone
Helpful Links for Franklin VA